3D Printing & Prototype
3D Printing – Additive Manufacturing:
Polyhistor offers more options for your 3D Print or Prototype.
At Polyhistor, we offer 3D printing with the same durable thermoplastics as traditional injection molded plastic parts. The parts are tough enough to be used as models, functional prototypes, manufacturing tools or end-use parts. Additionally, our capabilities include high-resolution 3D prints that are used for small components, such as medical devices, and also parts that need to have optical transparency.
3D Printing Materials:
Polyhistor offers all popular material options for your 3D Print Prototyping.
- Ridged Opaque Materials
- Clear Materials
- Rubber-like Materials
- Polypropylene-like Materials
- High Temperature Material
- View PolyJet Materials Data Sheet
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM Materials):
- ABS-M30 Production Grade Thermoplastic is up to 25 to 70 percent stronger than standard ABS and is an ideal material for conceptual modeling, functional prototyping, manufacturing tools and end-use-parts. ABS-M30 has greater tensile, impact and flexural strength than standard ABS.
- PC (Polycarbonate) is a true industrial thermoplastic; PC (polycarbonate) is widely used in automotive, aerospace, medical and many other applications. PC offers accuracy, durability and stability, creating strong parts that withstand functional testing. Learn more
- ULTEM 9085 resin is a flame-retardant high-performance thermoplastic for digital manufacturing and rapid prototyping. It is ideal for the transportation industry due to its high strength-to-weight ratio and its FST (flame, smoke and toxicity) rating. This unique material’s certifications make it an excellent choice for the commercial transportation industry – especially aerospace, marine and ground vehicles. Learn more
At Polyhistor we do everything in-house to ensure fast turn-times and reduced costs.
Our rapid prototyping – 3D Printing equipment includes:
- OBJET Eden260V powered by PolyJet technology and has one of the finest printing resolution in the industry. Objet’s solutions reduce the cost of product development cycles and dramatically shorten time-to- market of new products. It can print rigid, rubber-like, as well as clear plastics, in layers as fine as 16 microns. Learn more
- Fortus 400mc 3D Production System is powered by FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technology. FDM uses production-grade thermoplastics, enabling more durable parts. Available materials are ABS M30, Polycarbonate (PC), and ULTEM 9085. Other materials may be available upon request. Learn more
The latest model CNC machining center from HAAS, and is equipped with high speed toolchanger and wireless intuitive probing for fast setups. We also have other CNC equipment and manual milling and turning machines.
We use CAMWorks for our CNC programming, which is fully integrated with our SolidWorks CAD software.
- Polyhistor offers Rapid Prototyping – 3D Printing – for form, fit, and function.
- Rapid prototyping / 3D Printing services combined with our in house machine shop with CNC machining capability is perfectly suited for prototyping. From a 3D CAD model we can efficiently manufacture parts very quickly.
Polyhistor also produces “show” prototypes to simulate a full production product and does high-quality, high-tolerance machining for many different OEM clients across a multitude of industries. We provide machined prototypes, short series, and longer series production runs.
Contact us to discuss our Prototyping Services!